Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

When we went to pick up Oscar from school yesterday, Norbert decided to put the radio on, stopped on a station and said "Oh, this song is funny," and then started singing slong to 'Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend!' It was slightly awkward because we were both uptight about me driving in Vienna, and then he started this sing along-which for him was more like a Schonberg sprechstimme (that's speak singing)! Then he said, "You're better than marilyn monroe." The whole thing was so un-expected! I almost laughed out loud right there!!!

Lesson of the day: Wear better shoes. I really thought that I walked enough at home to know that the shoes I wear there would be sufficiently comfortable to wear here. But, oh-em-gee-No! I don't have blisters yet, but from now on I have to wear my jellies, flip flops, and ballet flats sparingly. *tear*

Walking along Thaliastrasse this afternoon I found a store that seemed to have some interesting good. I wasnt sure what kind of store it was, but the door was opened, so I just walked in. Immediately, I knew it was a thrift store. Apparently, when one man's secondhand goods combine with another man's second hand goods, the smell is the same worldwide. haha

No comments: